Danielle

Danielle

Thursday, March 1, 2012

One Handsome Guy

Every night when I get my mom ready for bed, she tells me to look over at a picture on her bookshelf of my dad as a young man. She says, "Have you ever seen such a good-looking man?"

Mom seems to have hit some sort of vague plateau. Her chest isn't getting any worse and she still can't keep much food down. The hospice nurse says her heart and lungs sound good. I do think her memory is getting worse though. That's ok in a way though because every night I get to hear about how my dad was so handsome that he made my mom's "socks roll up and down."

Mom's hoping to have some grandkids come for spring break in a few weeks. She wants to go see the tulips at Thanksgiving Point and maybe have tea at the Grand American. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment