Danielle

Danielle

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chats with mom

I like to call my mom "Muti" which is German for "Mom" or "Grossmuti" which is "Grandma."  She has told us a lot over the years about the time she spent working as a missionary for two years in Germany.  Last night, after she was in bed, she talked to me for quite a while about the amazing people she met in Germany and the difficult times they had in the aftermath of WWII.  It was an amazing time in her life.  She mentioned one woman in particular who was so very sweet - mom particularly asked her to be one of the first to meet her in heaven when she died.  I imagine she'll be there to welcome my mom home with a big hug.

Mom's arm has started to bother her more and more.  The lymph nodes have been severely affected by cancer and her arm is swollen most of the time.  It seems in the last few days that different parts of her arm have been hurting.  She had to have Morphine yesterday - which she hasn't had in quite a while.  Also, the cellulitis is giving her some trouble with pain, itchiness and a shivery, cold feeling...kind of like a fever gives you but her temp is not up.

She also can't keep anything down still, even meds are a bit difficult.  We've been sneaking her some Ensure/liquid nutritional stuff and telling her it's really healthy, etc.  She won't eat anything with sugar so Tareq tells her they've taken the sugar out of it.  :)  She needs something in her stomach to take some of her meds.

My dad and Tareq gave my mom a beautiful blessing last night.  We felt very peaceful afterwards- I wish all my siblings had been there so they could have felt that peace as well.  Maybe that's why my mom was talking about her German friend coming to meet her in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Dalliene, thank you for posting this. Thank you for sharing these tender moments.
    ~ Joey J

    ReplyDelete