Danielle

Danielle

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ups and downs

This past week has been kind of strange. It seems like one day my mom will be unable to keep food down, forgetfull and unsteady on her feet. The next day, she's feeling great and is trying to do housework! I guess I don't get how it works but I'm glad she has the good days.

She doesn't remember most of the people who came over the first two weeks that she was home. I don't know if that has anything to do with the cellulitis or if it's short term memory loss. Either way, if you want to visit her again, she'd probably love it.

She had a short bout of cellulitis again this week. Her regular oral antibiotic evidently took care of it but she has been having a bit more pain...so the experiment with less pain meds didn't really pan out. We're back up to the full dose, three times a day on the advice of the hospice nurse who I sometimes mistake for an angel. She always tells us we're doing a good job and makes me feel competent at least for a little while. Tareq's the competent one, having had to take care of a little son with lukemia. He can talk shop with the nurse while I just nod and have him explain everything later.

This past week, dad's boss, President Holland from UVU, came to visit mom. It was so nice for him to stop by with his busy schedule! My mom was happy to see him and got all dressed up with cute hair and makeup to see him. She got busy cleaning the house for his arrival till Wendy and I realized what she was doing and told her we could take care of it all!

When Mom was at the hospital, the doctor told us she had two weeks to two months. We're at four weeks now so I guess we're lucky!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture. This is very wise for you to write it all down. One your daughters and daughter's daughters will really appreciate this! THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...each day we count ourselves very lucky to have your mom around!!

    ReplyDelete