Danielle

Danielle

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How fragile we are

Today I noticed a little more memory loss, more questions, more repetition with my mom. I never thought of how fragile memories are. She's having a hard time with names. I think she's watched the same movie a couple of times this week and isn't aware that she's seen it before. She's aware that her memory is going because she asks quite tentatively sometimes and then says that of course, she knew!

Did I mention that my parents' ward is awesome? They have people coming over every day at two for a few hours until my dad gets home so that Wendy and I can get some stuff done at home with our kids. It's very nice and my mom loves the company.

We've lowered Mom's pain meds a bit...she wasn't happy taking so much so we're trying to adjust and give her enough to make her comfy but not groggy or sleepy at all. She's the boss, right?!

And of course we'd like her to eat more but today she said she just had no appetite at all. Only Wendy's awesome lunches are remotely tempting. If you know my mom, you know of her love of reading through cook books. She' got a few hundred. Wendy's been going though a few of them and making things that my mom had marked.

Tonight was fairly quiet and mom and dad watched a movie together...with Katya snuggled up right next to Mom. That dog has noticed that something's amiss and doesn't stray too far from Mom's side. Can't say that Mom minds that too much.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Dalliene. My heart goes out to you and your family. It was one year this past Sunday that my mom passes away. My dad died 29 days prior to my mom. So much of your thoughts and writings ring a tender bell. It's comforting to know that God is there and helping everyone through in so many different ways. I pray that the Holy Ghost will continue to attend to you and yours. Love, Tirzah

    ReplyDelete