Danielle

Danielle

Monday, March 12, 2012

Sunshine!

Today was such a nice day out! We spent some time on the back porch soaking up the sun... Mom even rolled up her pant legs to try to get a tan. :)
She had a couple of long naps today. That together with the sunshine helped mom to be pretty chipper all day.

My sister Rallet came for a short visit this weekend with her girls. Mom has been talking about her coming for quite a while. I think the visit was a little difficult with Mom's memory going and all. She's not the same person and it's a bit hard for friends and family to see it. Also, Tatyana and Vasha came to visit. I'm sad I wasn't there to see them!

Mom still isn't eating much. Wendy and I noticed that when she does accept something, she usually sneaks it to her dog instead of eating it. I guess that's what we get for pushing! She says she has no appetite and nothing tastes good. She hates the protein drinks and the Gatorade. I guess the upside is that it eliminates the throwing up which really upsets her.

Mom talked today about this long dream she's been having about being sick. She asked me if it seemed like it had been a long time and I said yes. She said she couldn't wait till she woke up. I guess the hospice nurse came over and Mom was mad that she talked about dying. Mom just wanted to feel better. We all wish she could and we're trying to keep her as comfortable as possible.

We still have the most amazing people helping out...couldn't do this without you. Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet family...just read the post about watching Downton Abbey with friends that come over...and not remembering watching them time after time!! Oh how I wish I lived closer and could join her in her Downton Abbey viewing!! I have the same chemo brain...not remembering that I've seen each season several times. Give her my love and a smoochie hug. xoxoAunt Marty

    ReplyDelete